They’re on the Documents and Forms page.
Additional meeting minutes have been posted on the Documents and Forms page.
The May board meeting minutes and June financials have been posted on the Documents and Forms page.
The rest of the year’s board meetings have been added to the “Events” section of the site.
The May HOA Board Meeting will be held on Monday, May 6th at 6:00pm. We will hold the meeting at the Westfield Public Library. This is open to all residents to attend.
There has been conversation on NextDoor for our Neighborhood Garage sale dates this year. It looks like the majority of people would like to do it from 08:00AM to 01:00PM on Friday and Saturday, May 3rd & 4th so we will do it then. We will attempt to get the garage sale signs out next week to help advertise it.
Every month the Summit Lakes HOA board meets to conduct business. We do not vote to change CCR’s at these meetings. While typically residents do not attend you are welcome to. We will be meeting Wednesday, February 20th, at First Merchants Bank at 3333 IN-32 – in the Kroger “parking lot”- at 6:00 pm. Seating is limited. When we’ve finished conducting our business we will open the floor to questions briefly and then adjourn. Notes from the meeting will be posted.
Summit Lakes Homeowners Association
Board of Directors – Minutes
Wednesday January 16, 2019
6:00 p.m. 4211 Matterhorn
• Call to order: 6:11pm
• Board members in attendance: Kelly Radabaugh, Angela Anderson, Matt Drummond, John McDowell, Debra Kaferly
• Property Management representative: Nalini Mowery
• Owner in attendance: John Hempel, Ray Schneider, Joseph Milfort, Scott Rea, Peter Burke and one other whom I don’t have name
• Approval of September minutes: Motion: KR. Second: JM. All approved
• Financial Review: November and draft December 2018 – NM went over financials – no questions. December final packet will be emailed 1.20.19
Violations: (discuss attorney response to questions posed by the Board and plan to move forward – opinion in, packet. Vote on how to move forward on parking and commercial vehicle issues)
This matter was discussed with Owners in attendance participating in the discussion. Bottom line the current Board of Directors is governing per the CCRs and will take all feedback into consideration for the parking on the street and the commercial vehicle matters. Types of feedback in hand: City of Westfield, Westfield Police Dept, Owners, Attorney response to questions.
• Old Business:
• Entrance bushes: Deb gave suggestions for the area like black eyed susan or day lilies. NM notified Matt with EG
• Annual Meeting: Wednesday April 24th, 2019 at City Hall.
Proxy Form will be mailed with the annual notice packet
Ballot for community feedback regarding commercial vehicles/parking on street – this is to be discussed by the Board in ongoing discussion and meetings.
• Arc Guidelines: NM sent both documents to BOD. – tabled
• Long term community planning: KR asked the Board to think about a community garden.
• 2019 budget was approved via email.
• Pond rock issue: EG to provide a bid
• New Business:
• CCRs re seating of a Board
Question raised by Owners on the nextdoor app – Is current Board valid: quorum is 30% – 42 or 15% – 21. People plus proxies for last few years: 2015 – 30 (year we did shed vote), 2016 – 16, 2017 – 14 and 2018 – 13
What process to follow in April – usual process of sending out self-nomination forms and hope that people will respond this year. Also, will see if Nominating Committee per CCRs would be effective this year.
• 2 fountains for 2019: Per Ponds Rx – will be ordered beginning of March – with mid-March installation.
• Front Entrance Decoration for Holiday Season: owner that decorated last year did not do it – possible they moved out of community. Board to discuss this for next year.
• Snow: Discussed salting or snow removal with EG. Board voted to salt intersections and entrance for Saturday’s upcoming storm. NM to notify Matt with EG.
• Next Meeting: 3rd Wed of each month. Board will decide if we need to meet.
• Adjourn: 7:56pm
The Summit Lakes HOA has been alerted to two different acts of vandalism in our community. The first one is occurring at the pond by the playground off of McKinley. It has been reported that kids have been throwing the rocks that line that pond (preventing erosion) into the water. As you can see from the picture below it’s quite a few rocks. Out of concern for the safety of the kids responsible and respect for the association property we ask that you speak with your children and let them know that we do consider this vandalism. The association will now have to spend our funds to correct the issue.
The second issue of vandalism that has come to our attention is that kids have been turning on neighbors sprinklers and outside faucets as they walk between houses on their way home from the bus stop. This has caused damage to property.
Parents, please help us keep your children safe and our community free from vandalism.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.