Board Meeting Minutes from 1/16/19

Summit Lakes Homeowners Association
Board of Directors – Minutes
Wednesday January 16, 2019
6:00 p.m. 4211 Matterhorn

• Call to order: 6:11pm

• Board members in attendance: Kelly Radabaugh, Angela Anderson, Matt Drummond, John McDowell, Debra Kaferly

• Property Management representative: Nalini Mowery

• Owner in attendance: John Hempel, Ray Schneider, Joseph Milfort, Scott Rea, Peter Burke and one other whom I don’t have name

• Approval of September minutes: Motion: KR. Second: JM. All approved

• Financial Review: November and draft December 2018 – NM went over financials – no questions. December final packet will be emailed 1.20.19

Violations: (discuss attorney response to questions posed by the Board and plan to move forward – opinion in, packet. Vote on how to move forward on parking and commercial vehicle issues)
This matter was discussed with Owners in attendance participating in the discussion. Bottom line the current Board of Directors is governing per the CCRs and will take all feedback into consideration for the parking on the street and the commercial vehicle matters. Types of feedback in hand: City of Westfield, Westfield Police Dept, Owners, Attorney response to questions.

• Old Business:

• Entrance bushes: Deb gave suggestions for the area like black eyed susan or day lilies. NM notified Matt with EG

• Annual Meeting: Wednesday April 24th, 2019 at City Hall.
Proxy Form will be mailed with the annual notice packet
Ballot for community feedback regarding commercial vehicles/parking on street – this is to be discussed by the Board in ongoing discussion and meetings.

• Arc Guidelines: NM sent both documents to BOD. – tabled

• Long term community planning: KR asked the Board to think about a community garden.

• 2019 budget was approved via email.

• Pond rock issue: EG to provide a bid

• New Business:

• CCRs re seating of a Board
Question raised by Owners on the nextdoor app – Is current Board valid: quorum is 30% – 42 or 15% – 21. People plus proxies for last few years: 2015 – 30 (year we did shed vote), 2016 – 16, 2017 – 14 and 2018 – 13
What process to follow in April – usual process of sending out self-nomination forms and hope that people will respond this year. Also, will see if Nominating Committee per CCRs would be effective this year.

• 2 fountains for 2019: Per Ponds Rx – will be ordered beginning of March – with mid-March installation.

• Front Entrance Decoration for Holiday Season: owner that decorated last year did not do it – possible they moved out of community. Board to discuss this for next year.

• Snow: Discussed salting or snow removal with EG. Board voted to salt intersections and entrance for Saturday’s upcoming storm. NM to notify Matt with EG.

• Next Meeting: 3rd Wed of each month. Board will decide if we need to meet.

• Adjourn: 7:56pm